Restaurant Los Pinos, Zahora, Barbate, Cádiz, Spain

Restaurant Los Pinos, Zahora, Barbate, Cádiz, Spain

Postby Simon » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:32 pm

Restaurant Los Pinos

Ctra. Caños de Meca A2233 - Km 10

Caños de Meca, Zahora, Barbate, Cádiz, Spain

Telf: 956 437 161, 680 518 728

http://www.hostalospinos.com

Restaurant Los Pinos is just across the road form our camp site, and is linked to the apartments/hostel.
We chose to pop in because we where , quite frankly, being lazy. We did not expect much; Maybe a limited Spanish typed taberna, But I am very pleased to say we where pleasantly surprised.

There is a large outside seating area, sheltered from the wind, but perfect for when the sun comes out.
Stepping inside, the bar area is dominated by the huge solid mahogany bar and and its faux pergola roof above – and is the bar itself is decorated with Arabic style tiles and the walls covered with examples of local clay roof tile sculptures.
There is a quirky (almost 1940's French bistro café style) telephone box in the corner raised a smile. All in all, it is welcoming and homely.

Next to the bar there is a small cosy thirty seater dining area ; clean and tidy, with well presented tables, it is where we chose to have our food.

We decided to share King Prawns in Garlic and butter and then go our own separate ways for the main course, choosing steak and locally caught fish. Because I am not so good with small bones (eyesight not being quite what it used to be) I sought the advice of the staff. This resulted in the fish being brought to the table (on an iced plater) and a discussion in pigeon Spanish as to how well cooked and preparation. Thus I received my fish filleted and with as many of the bones removed as possible.

In general the food was very good ; and the staff very attentive. It was a pleasant and relaxing evening – with a reasonable sized bill at the end. - we will be using Restaurant Los Pinos again.

Photos and details here : http://www.food-lover.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=404
Simon
Site Admin

Return to Spain